The Benefits of Aluminum Wiring Replacements in Manassas & Fairfax Virginia
When it comes to electrical wiring materials, aluminum isn't necessarily dangerous, but it certainly has all of the potential to be. In addition to being a potentially serious safety hazard, aluminum wiring also happens to be one of the most inefficient wiring types out there, and you can even have trouble finding an insurance company that will write a policy for your home if aluminum wiring is present. If your North Virginia home still has aluminum wiring, it might be time to for you to call in the professional North Virginia electricians at Express Electrical Services to help you replace it with something safer and more efficient.
When it comes to all of your aluminum wiring replacement in Manassas & Fairfax Virginia, our team of experienced professionals here at Express Electrical Services have the skill and experience to make sure the job gets done, and gets done right. Shoddy electrical work is a recipe for disaster, and our team of professionals are always striving to make sure that you have the care you need to keep your home as safe and efficiently running as possible.
Give us a call today if you have any questions about our full line of aluminum wiring replacement services, or if you would like to schedule an appointment for consultation. Our team of expert Manassas & Fairfax Virginia electricians are always standing by and would be more than willing to assist you in any way we can.
What Is Unsafe About Aluminum Wiring?
- Aluminum wiring oxidizes easily, and because of this, it can develop a great deal of rust over a very short amount of time. This rust can leave your wiring susceptible to overheating.
- Aluminum is softer and more malleable than copper, making it easier to sustain damage.
- Aluminum expands more as it gets hotter. This means that your wiring can easily change shape at the terminal screws, causing it to come loose or disconnect.
Aluminum Wiring Inspections
If you do have aluminum wiring inside your home, it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to have it replaced, but you will want to make sure that you have a professional electrician come out at regular intervals and perform a full inspection on your wiring system to make sure that it stays in safe condition. To learn more about aluminum wiring repairs and the other electrical services we provide in Manassas & Fairfax Virginia, please give Express Electrical Services a call today.
If you need an electrician for aluminum wiring replacement services in Manassas & Fairfax Virginia, please call Express Electrical Services at 703-933-8989 or complete our online request form.
- Is Whole Home Surge Protection A Worthwhile Investment For Your Home? - Everyday across the country, countless homeowners lose their TVs, video game systems, computers, phones, appliances, and a whole host of other electrical devices to power surges. When a power surge hits your home, there is a very good chance that you are going to face more than just a flickering of your lights. In fact, power surges in Manassas & Fairfax Virginia end up costing many homeowners thousands of dollars in electrical repair and replacement costs every year … Read More
- 3 Benefits Of Upgrading Your Old Aluminum Wiring To Copper - If you have aluminum wiring in your home, and you don't have any overt electrical problems in your home, you might be able to put off upgrading your wiring for a little while at least. The unfortunate truth of the matter though, is that because of the way aluminum wiring is by nature, it is going to continue to develop problems the longer you leave it in place, making it a question that is not as much when you will need to upgrade it, but how urgently you are going to need to do so. To highlight just a couple of the benefits that come along with upgrading old aluminum wiring to copper, we have put together a short list that we hope you will find helpful … Read More